Coaching Session for Managers
Managers have a complex job. You need to understand yourself, your team and the different groups you work with. When you work with a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach, you gain new insights into your role as a manager. You’ll develop a better understanding of your challenges and get action items to help you do what you do best while maximizing your team’s performance.
Purchase four or more at once to receive a 10% discount.
CUSTOMERS ALSO BOUGHT
CliftonStrengths for ManagersUS$49.99
The CliftonStrengths for Managers report helps individuals see how their unique talents can make them, their teams and their organizations more successful. Get your top 10 themes, personalized reports, manager-specific insights and more.
CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers (Digital)US$20.00
Lead your team to excellence when you apply a strengths-based approach to management using the tips, ideas and advice in this powerful digital guide.
Benefits of the Coaching Session for Managers
This session with a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach will help you:
- deepen your understanding of your talents
- identify and overcome your blind spots
- learn strategies to effectively lead a team
- spot employee engagement barriers
- increase individual and team engagement
- understand your team’s strengths
- empower others to improve performance
Managers play a pivotal role in their organizations by serving as the link between organizational objectives and the employees who help achieve those goals.
During this one-on-one coaching session, you will discover new ways to use your strengths as a manager, overcome obstacles, increase your team’s engagement and enhance your performance.
Your Gallup coach will support you in transforming the insights from your session into meaningful actions aimed at performance outcomes.
If your organization uses Gallup’s employee engagement solutions, including the Q12 survey, you can use this session to further analyze your team’s engagement report. Your coach can help you understand the report, plan for a Q12 feedback session or brainstorm ideas for your team’s action plan.
Gallup's Coaching Expertise
With an average 10-year coaching tenure, Gallup coaches have extensive experience helping individuals, managers, teams, executives and coaches from numerous industries worldwide.
Most of our coaches hold advanced degrees, many are certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF), and all are trained and certified by Gallup as CliftonStrengths coaches.
The foundation of Gallup’s approach to coaching is strengths-based development. Gallup’s extensive research has shown that the best way for people to learn and develop comes from identifying how they naturally think, feel, and behave and then building on those talents to create strengths.
Gallup’s coaches focus on what people do well and help them cultivate their individual strengths to be more productive.
The Coaching Session for Managers is a confidential 60-minute coaching conversation conducted via telephone or video call.
You can schedule your coaching conversation at a time that is convenient for you.
You must complete the coaching session within six months of purchase.
How It Works
- Add the product to your cart. When you finish shopping, proceed to checkout.
- Sign in to your account, or create an account if you don't already have one.
- After you complete the checkout process, your coaching request will be sent to Gallup.
- A Gallup representative will email you at the address you provide at checkout to set up a date and time for your coaching call. If you want your coaching call to be in a language other than English, you can request that when Gallup contacts you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between the Coaching Session for Coaches, the Coaching Session for Managers and the Coaching Session for Leaders?
Choosing the right coaching session helps ensure Gallup matches you with a coach with the proper training and experience to meet your needs. Each coaching option focuses on different responsibilities, challenges and opportunities.
- If you currently coach people or are planning to start coaching in a professional capacity, either within an organization or in your own practice, we suggest the Coaching Session for Coaches.
- If you manage a team of individual contributors, have direct reports or coach people in a professional capacity, choose the Coaching Session for Managers.
- Individuals with considerable leadership responsibilities (for example, managers of managers or members of the C-suite) will get the most benefit from the Coaching Session for Leaders.
What can a coach do for me?
A professional coach is a partner who can call attention to your unique thoughts and talents. Coaches can help you make better decisions and bring clarity to situations in your life.
What is the goal of a coaching session?
You can choose the topics and purpose of your individualized coaching session. Typically, the intention is to focus on your potential by using your strengths, uncovering what’s in your way and targeting the areas you are most interested in addressing to help you reach your goals.
What do managers typically talk about during a coaching session?
Each session -- and each manager -- is different. You can choose whatever topic you want to discuss. Your manager coaching session is unique and confidential.
How should I prepare for my coaching session?
Before your session, complete the online CliftonStrengths assessment, read your CliftonStrengths report and reflect on any insights you gain that are related to the goals you want to explore with your coach.
Then, think about your most important goals, opportunities and challenges to help you decide what topics you want to discuss. Consider what you want from coaching and how you will measure your success.
Identifying topics before your session will keep the conversation focused and productive. By preparing ahead of time, you can prioritize the most important points you want to address to make the most out of your session.
If you want to explore your team’s CliftonStrengths or Q12 results, make sure to share them with your coach at least 24 hours before the coaching session.
Is the Coaching Session for Managers available in any language other than English?
Yes. The Coaching Session for Managers is available in the following languages:
- 60 minutes
- Delivery method
- Telephone or video call
- Languages available
- English, Cantonese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai