CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers
Lead your team to excellence when you apply a strengths-based approach to management using the tips, ideas and advice in this powerful resource guide.
Benefits of the CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers
This strengths-based management guide will help you:
- take specific actions to develop and use your CliftonStrengths to manage and lead
- develop stronger partnerships
- build strengths-based teams
- navigate biases, blind spots and limitations
- individualize your management approach to support each team member’s talents and strengths
- improve individual and team performance
Discover what motivates individuals on your team, and help them do what they do best.
The CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers is an invaluable tool for coaches, managers and team leaders.
A Strengths-Based Management Approach
People who use their CliftonStrengths are:
- six times as likely to be engaged in their jobs
- six times as likely to do what they do best every day
- three times as likely to have an excellent quality of life
As a manager, you want your team to be successful. Gallup knows that the best way to reach individual and collective excellence is using a strengths-based approach.
The more you understand and use your own CliftonStrengths, the better you will be at recognizing the strengths of your team members.
The CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers will help you learn more about yourself and your team members’ individual and collective strengths.
Find out what great teams have in common and how to use your team’s strengths to improve individual and team performance.
Become a Coach
Jump-start meaningful conversations with your team members when you use the insights in the CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers.
From awareness of your own strengths and potential blind spots to tips and advice about your team’s individual and collective strengths, this guide will help you successfully coach your team and boost individual and team performance.
The CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers is a must-have reference for managers who want to become strengths-based performance coaches for their team.
The guide is full of empowering resources, including an introduction to strengths-based management and tips for applying strengths with your team.
Learn more about your own strongest themes as well as those of your team. For each of the 34 CliftonStrengths themes, you’ll get:
The CliftonStrengths themes provide a common language for understanding and discussing talents. They help you begin to discover and talk about your greatest talents and the talents of your employees.
- Read descriptions of your strongest themes, and dive into what makes you who you are.
- Use the descriptions to better understand what motivates your team members.
- Learn what makes each theme unique -- its power and edge.
As a manager, you need to be equally aware of the power of your strongest CliftonStrengths themes and the blind spots they can create.
- Get ideas for how to use your top themes to manage your team.
- Read about your top themes’ potential blind spots that might get in your way.
- Use the action items written specifically for managers to inspire, develop and lead your team.
Strengths-based management is not just about identifying strengths. It is about helping your team members recognize their talents, develop them into strengths and apply them to achieve their goals.
- Read the CliftonStrengths theme pages to learn more about your individual team members -- how they naturally think, feel and behave.
- Get ideas for how to manage team members based on their top themes.
- Use the resources on these pages when you coach team members individually or as a team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have taken the CliftonStrengths assessment to use this guide?
Yes. We recommend that coaches and the people they coach complete the CliftonStrengths assessment to get the most benefit from the CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers. The CliftonStrengths assessment must be purchased separately.
Is the CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers available in a digital format?
No. While the CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers is not currently available in a digital format, we hope to release a digital format in the future.
What is the difference between the CliftonStrengths Resource Guide and the CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers?
The CliftonStrengths Resource Guide is written for individuals so they can better understand the 34 CliftonStrengths themes and learn how to recognize and appreciate their talents and the talents of others.
The CliftonStrengths Resource Guide for Managers is written for managers, team leaders and coaches so they can get ideas and conversation starters for managing people with specific talents.
- Other formats available:
- Delivery method:
- Approximate page count:
- Languages available:
- English (U.S.)
- 8.5 x 11 inches
- Product weight:
- 1 lb.
CliftonStrengths Team Activities Guide$99.99
Engage employees and lead stronger, more productive teams with this collection of 40 CliftonStrengths activities proven to help teams succeed.
Creating an Engaging Workplace Manager Packet$50.00
Engaged employees are the foundation for team performance. Find out how to create engaged and high-performing teams with essential resources based on Gallup's latest engagement research.
Strengths Based Leadership$19.99
Filled with powerful research and actionable ideas, Strengths Based Leadership will give you a new road map for leading people toward a better future.
It's the Manager$19.99
It's the Manager equips your managers with 52 of Gallup's greatest discoveries from decades of research into the science of management -- breakthroughs that link to real business outcomes.